01685 723970 / 01443 554742
138 High Street, Merthyr, CF47 8DN

Helping you obtain probate

K D Crandon & Son Independent Funeral Directors & Monumental Masons can help you obtain probate. Call us now for more details. We serve across Merthyr Tydfil.

For assistance with registering a death, call us now on
01685 723 970 or 01443 554 742.
We serve Merthyr Tydfil.


How to obtain probate?

When someone dies, somebody has to deal with their estate by collecting in all the money, paying debts and distributing the estate to those entitled. The probate registry issues the document, which is called a grant of representation.

There are three types of grant. They are: probate issued to one or more of the executors named in the will; letters of administration issued when there is a will, but no executor named; and letters of administration issued when the deceased has not made a will. If you would like more information, feel free to contact us.


Why is grant necessary?

Organisations holding money in the deceased’s name need to know who to pay the money to. Distribution of the estate is the responsibility of the person named on the deed. A grant may be needed if the deceased’s money is without the holder seeing a grant, or when the amount held is small.

It is always advisable to consult your solicitor for more details. Get in touch with K D Crandon & Son Independent Funeral Directors & Monumental Masons for funeral services, memorials and hearses.